Posted by : Unknown Monday, March 17, 2014

Labeled as the creator of Bitcoin by Newsweek, Nakamoto has issued a formal statement denying those claims.



March 17, 2014 6:24 AM PDT




Did Newsweek err when it fingered Dorian Nakamoto as the father of Bitcoin? Nakamoto continues to deny any involvement in the virtual currency.


In a statement sent to Reuters writer Felix Salmon, Nakamoto again denied Newsweek's report, claiming that he did not create, invent, or work on Bitcoin. The 64-year-old Temple City, Calif., resident said that he never even heard of the virtual currency until last month when his son called him after being contacted by a reporter.


Earlier this month, following the publication of a Newsweek story claiming that he created Bitcoin, Nakamoto told the Associated Press that he had no involvement with digital currency. But this is his first official statement on the subject.


Nakamoto's full statement appears in the image below:


(Credit: Screenshot by Lance Whitney/CNET)



Translate

Like fanpage

Popular Post

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © News and design logo -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -